Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Anxiety...Part II

Here is another excert from the journal I am reading.  I think this section of the journal which happens to be the first section is powerful and is talking directly to me right now, with all that is going on in my life.  Maybe, He is trying to talk directly to you too!

Anxiety...a Joy Killer

Philippians 4:6 (NASB) says:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

"Be anxious for nothing?  Is that possible?  Aren't my anxieties tied to my emotions?  Andaren't my emotions tied to the things that happen to me?  I can't control what happens to me, so how can I control my reactions?  Deep breath, friend! Instead of knee-jerking when troubles come, slip into the throne room and spend some time giving those problems to the Lord.  With thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to Him."  "Everyday Joy Journal" by Janice Hanna



I needed to read this again, because He is definitely speaking to me.  If He is speaking to you, I hope that you listen and obey.  He is waiting to take all your worries and fears away.  He is bigger than any of us and desires for us to be happy and not have worry on our hearts.  Please stop and talk to Him and give it all up to Him.  I know I am going to do the same thing!

Proverbs 15:15 (MSG) says:

"A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song."

Love in Christ,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment