Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Up in the Clouds

As a little girl, I remember laying in grass on a warm summer afternoon with my mom and brother looking at the clouds. It was a favorite past time of ours. We would lie there and make shapes and animals out of the clouds. To this day I still sometimes stop and look up at the clouds just to see what animals or shapes I can make out.

Last week I was flying to Nebraska and I noticed how beautiful the clouds were. If you have ever flown then you know what I am talking about. These clouds were like none I had ever seen. They were thick and stood tall, like cotton candy on a stick. I really can't describe how magnificent they were, because it would not do it justice. Being in the clouds reminded me how small I am compared to this vast, majestic world.

I love how things, like clouds, can put you back in perspective. This is God's world and He created us for a purpose. So when we think we got it, he likes to remind us they we really don't, but He does!!

I am going to close with the first few verses from the first book of the Bible, Genesis.

1: 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

If you are interested in reading how the world came to be or just want a reminder you should definitely read the whole book of Genesis.

Love in Christ,

Alicia

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment