Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reason for the Season

I have tried to write this post at least three times.  I was trying to figure out how to put into words what I read and to make sure I didn't say the wrong thing.  I then decided that I just need to put it out there.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and belief, but parts of a letter that I recently read on the Internet just hit me wrong.  So here it goes:

The letter was written by a mom to her daughter regarding the subject of santa.  I am not going to share the whole letter, because I do not feel it is necessary.  I know that everyone has their own opinion about santa, and I am not here to criticize that in anyway.  In fact, my family does santa, but we also know and talk about the REAL reason for the season.

The part of the letter that I would like to share is this:

"Santa is bigger than any person, and his work has gone on longer than any of us have lived.  What he does is simple, but it is powerful.  He teaches children how to have belief in something they can't see or touch.

It's a big job, and it's an important one.  Throughout your life, you will need this capacity to believe: in yourself, in your friends, in your talents and in your family.  You'll also need to believe in things you can't measure or even hold in your hand.  Here, I am talking about love, that great power that will light your life from the inside out, even during its darkest, coldest moments.

Santa is a teacher, and I have been his student, and now you know the secret of how he...all the people whose hearts he's filled with joy.

With full hearts, people like Daddy and me take our turns...that would otherwise be impossible.

Santa is love and hope and happiness.  I'm on his team, and now you are too."

Now,  I would like you to go back and reread the section of the letter above, but this time replace the word santa with Jesus.  Replacing the word santa with Jesus makes much more sense, don't you think?  Jesus is the one that can provide every need for you and Jesus is the one that is love and hope and happiness.

It surprised me how many people commented back on the letter.  Some people were even moved to tears over the letter that they had read.  Only one person out of the comments that I found mention  God.  The other comments were encouraging and thanking this mom for the letter idea. 

It is just sad the reaction that was given over this letter.  Jesus is the Alpha and Omega!!! Plain and simple!

As the holiday season approaches remember the TRUE reason for the season!!

Note: Parts of the letter were left out as to not divulge certain information, as I do not know the ages of who reads this blog!  Thank you for understanding.

Love in Christ,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment