Saturday, February 18, 2012

Showering vs. Spritzing

Ever heard of dry shampoo? A friend of mine told me about it and I actually laughed out loud. It just sounded weird. Supposedly it is suppose to create a clean, washed look when you don't have time to actually wash your hair. I found it in the store the other day, so I bought it just to see what the hype is all about. It works ok, for a quick fix, but doesn't compare to when you wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner with water. In our busy life, sometimes it is easier to do a "quick fix" with God. We try to take short cuts with our quiet time or bible studies, by doing a little "spritzing" when we really should be taken the time to shower ourselves with his word and love. I know that I always feel better when I have totally emerged myself in the word and focused on Him. The days that I find myself in a rush and doing a "spritzing"; do not turn out as well. God needs us to give Him our total attention and focus on Him. We need to start showering ourselves with The Word and God, instead of "spritzing" ourselves. I promise your days will be a whole lot better and a whole lot brighter.

16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Love In Christ,

Alicia

Just in case you wanted to see what dry
Shampoo looks like. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment