Saturday, January 28, 2012

Build Me UP, Lord!

The past 2 weeks have been pretty rough for my little family.  We have come to find out some new things that is going to be challenging in the months to come.  While, I am not here to talk about me or the issues that we are facing, I know that sometimes a little personal experience shared lets people know that they are not alone if they are facing the same issues or similar issues. 

We are going through some medical and financial trials right now. They seem to be never ending, but in the midst of all of this, I find God using this situation to help build me up.  God wants us to trust Him and He wants to guide us in every decision that we make.  God uses certain situations to help build our character in Him.  To us, as humans, it seems so "why me?" but in God's eyes He sees a chance to build up that person.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.  God allows certain things to happen even when we do not know what is going on to make us stronger and draw us closer to Him.  God wants us to lean on Him, but he also knows that as His children, we are to witness to others and sometimes it means allowing us to go through certain "tough times" to be able to relate to others down the road or to be a witness at a moment when we least expect it!  Last night I was out to dinner with some friends, and we were talking about my family's situation and one of the ladies said, "how are you doing this?"  " You come to work with a smile on your face, you are not bitter and you seem like everything is wonderful, when we know it is not!"  I simply explain to her that I have God on my side and I have total faith that He is walking this road with me and that he has this!  Yes, there are times that I have broken down and times that I just want to scream, but knowing that God has my back is the best feeling ever!  In that moment I was able to show her God's light and my faith that I have in Him.  She didn't really say anything after that, I think she might have been shocked by my answer.  God continues to build you up even when you think you are being beat to the ground.  You have to keep your focus on God and you will get stronger and stronger with each trial that comes your way.  Putting your total faith in God is the ultimate build me up!

My prayer right now is that the Lord consume me from the inside out.  That I can rest in His arms and know that He loves me enough to take on the world for me all while building me up! 

Romans 15:1

The Message (MSG)
 1-2 Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "How can I help?"
 
God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.
Lamentations 3:22  (MSG)
 
Love in Christ,
 
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment