Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Pushing" Girls to Grow Up To Fast!

I was getting ready for work this morning; doing my normal routine when I heard something that stopped me in my tracks.  One of the morning shows was running a segment on push-up bras for tweens!!  I was speechless!  I couldn't believe that there was a debate about this at all!!  I don't have little girls, but I have nieces and I think this is absolutely ridiculous!  I did a little research and found that push-up bras are the latest fashion trend for tweens, along with anti-ageing makeup!  COME ON PEOPLE!! What is this world coming to? 

The morning show was saying how the push-up bra will increase a cup size by 2!  First of all, most tweens don't even have enough to even call it a "cup size", and the ones that do have something don't really need to increase it anymore that it already is.  I think it is disgusting that the world thinks that this is right in any fashion!  Girls are already pressured to look a certain way and act a certain way.  Teaching our girls that if you dress or act a certain way will get you popular and "looked at" is wrong!  We should not have to create a fake look or act for anybody!  God created us all in His image and He knew what he was doing before we were even born!  God did not intend for us to change how He created us.  I wish the world would stop pressuring women and girls to be a certain way!  The superficial life is not the way to go!  Being who God created you to be is the way to go.  Girls will never gain anything from looking or acting fake!  You can gain so much more, by being who God created you to be!   JUST BE YOU!!!!

Love in Christ,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment