Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Little Something

I am going to post one of the devotionals that I read yesterday during my quiet time.  I thought is what a good reminder for everyone.  God knew I needed to read it!  The title of the excert is called:  "All Things to all People"
"Juggling a hectic life is not new or unique to women in our culture.  However, our culture glorifies the multi-tasking woman.  Many times we over-schedule our lives because we can't say no.  Sometimes we don't want to miss out, so we try to do everything.  Moses could relate.  He led Israel as a prophet, guide, intercessor, teacher, lawyer and judge.  In short, he was trying to be all things to the Israelites.  But it was too much for him to handle by himself.
Many women struggle with the "need" to please everyone.  But we simply can't be everywhere at once.  We can't do everything everyone would like us to do.  We can't even do everythiing we would like to do.  Trying to be all things to all people puts us on the fast track to burnout.  But when we delegate, we are freed up to focus on the things God has given us to do.  Delegating also creates the opportunity for another capable person to grow into a new role.  Failing to share the load may impede another person's God-given potential.  Sometimes the best thing we can do, for others and ourselves, is to step aside so someone else can step up."

The bible passage that goes with this devotional can be found in Exodus 18:13-18

Devotions to Go Vol.3 edited by Sharon Cole

I love this devotional and it is so true!  Trying to do everything myself is a huge thing that I struggle with everyday.  I am trying my best to delegate where need be and to step back and let others help out!

I hope God uses this little excert to speak to you, like He used it to speak to me.

Love in Christ,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment