Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boxed In

This morning I was getting ready to leave for work and I saw something fly by me into the garage.  I waved my hands, thinking it was a moth or butterfly.  When I looked up, I noticed it was a small bird.  The poor bird was frantically trying to get out of the garage, but could not seem to find it's way out!  I tried to "shoo" it in the right direction, with no luck.  I finally, just closed the garage door and prayed that the bird would be ok until I got home.  I thought about the bird off and on all day while I was at work.  I was thinking to myself, how scared this little bird must be in the dark, boxed in with no way out!  When I arrived home this evening and pushed the button to open the garage, I was hoping I would find a bird flying about.  While I didn't see it fly right away, it did eventually come out from it's hiding spot.  I tried once again to "shoo" this helpless bird in the direction of freedom, but I still did not have any luck.  I went inside, but left the garage door opened so maybe, just maybe it would fly out.  My husband came home and was able to get the bird to fly to freedom.

Do you ever feel like you are trapped, boxed in, with no way out!  I know that I have several times.  You feel like giving up.  Everything and everyone seems to fight against you!  You are looking for the easy way out, but instead you find yourself running into "walls".  Do you ever stop and think that maybe that is where God wants you to be at that moment.  Probably not! I know I didn't at first!  I just threw pity parties for myself and acted like the world was coming to an end.  Sometimes, God has to "box us in" to get our attention!  Humans are so stubborn, and we think we know what is best, but really we haven't a clue.  When God is ready for you to get out of the "box" He will guide you and make sure you get out.  God is always there!  He wants what is best for you!  He knows what is best for you!  So, the next time you find yourself "boxed in", think about what God is trying to show you or have you do.  There is a reason why He chose you to be "boxed in".  Just like the bird found his way out of my garage, you will find your way too, with the help of God!

And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life. Don't think I'm being harder on you than on the others. I give this same counsel in all the churches.
1 Corinthians 7:16-18 (in Context)

Love In Christ,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment