Monday, May 9, 2011

Keeping It Real!

We are going to try something different for the month of May and maybe even June.  We are going to keep it real and blog about personal experiences and thoughts that we have.  It could turn out to be a long blog post or just a short bit of information, either way we hope that you can still find some sort of connection or comfort through our personal posts!  I, Alicia, am going to start today with THE POWER OF PRAYER!

PRAYING is basically talking to God!  Yes, it is that simple.  You don't have to use fancy words or even have something memorized.  It is just a conversation between you and God.  I love to hear my 3 year old pray, because it is so sweet and meaningful.  A child's prayer is very sincere no matter if they are asking for a new bike or thanking God for their friends and family.  My 3 yr old once asked God for some potato chips( I am not kidding).  Now my child did not receive those chips right then and there, but I am sure he eventually ate some sort of chip.  God does not always answer prayers right away.  He definitely hears your prayers, but he will answer them in His time when he knows it is best and it's His will.  I have had God answer prayers before right away and then there were times that I had to wait, but I earnestly kept seeking God and praying and when it was His time, I received my answer. 

My brother was having some problems with one of his ex-employees and ended up with threats being made by the employee and the police getting involved. So, my brother asked us if we could pray for his(my brother) protection.  Of course!  This was on a Tuesday.  On Monday, Jana had my brother heavy on her heart, and she knew it was God telling her to pray for him.  She didn't know what it was about or why, but she started praying.  On Tuesday when I was telling her about what was going on, she said that he had been placed on her heart and she had been praying for him.  During that whole week there were alot of prayers being said to ask for protection for my brother. Everytime, the guy showed up to work, my brother was not in his office(coincidence, I don't think so).  My brother was supposed to hand deliver the ex-employee's check to him but when the day came the employee agreed to direct deposit, so my brother did not have to meet him. Little things like this continued to occur through out the week.  My brother had so many people lifting him up in prayer that week that God built a wall of protection around him.  God was able to give him a peace of mind and everyone else a peace of mind as well.  Now, that is the Power of Prayer!!  I have been totally blessed by this recent prayer request for protection.  God will always protect His children!

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.” – Matthew 7:7-8

“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.” – 1 John 5:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment